Could Battlefield 4 Beat Call Of Duty To The Punch on PS4?
As time goes on, it seems we learn more and more news that suggests the announcement of the PlayStation 4 will be sooner rather than later. The latest news to come to light, according to a report that Gameranx released earlier this week, also involves Electronic Art’s upcoming iteration of its first person shooter series: Battlefield 4.
While we have not heard too much about Battlefield 4, the report states that EA China may have leaked several pieces of information that suggests the title will not only arrive on October 23, 2013 but will also be a PlayStation 4 title. Considering the console has not yet even been announced, it seems that this would make Battlefield 4 a launch title for the console if the rumors turn out to be true.
According to the report, there are also rumors that the game will run at 60 frames per second on the PlayStation 4 and can support as many as 64 players in an online match, making it a considerably more robust experience than the most recently released title, Battlefield 3. Rumors also suggest players can pick one of three different factions — the United States, China and Russia — and can also take advantage of video playback and sharing features.
Other details include:
- The potential return of the Commander system
- The ability to deploy female soldiers
- Always requires being online
- Support for cloud saves instead of tying the player to a single console
- Easier for new players to join in and possibly even tailored to Call of Duty players
- The ability to link a profile to other devices, such as the iPad or other similar tablets where the game could be made available
- Use of the Frostbite 2.0 engine
- Up to 80 percent of the Frostbite 2.0 engine may be used as opposed to the 30 percent Battlefield 3 used
- A gem store made for purchasing DLC and similar content
- A working video demonstration may already be available within Electronic Arts
- The story may have a background in modern times
- Battlefield 4 may already have matched the quality level of Battlefield 3 despite being so early in development
- Although the PlayStation 4 version of Battlefield 4 may support up to 64 players, the current generation of consoles will not support that many
Not only does the Commander system appear to make a return, as the report suggests, but it may have total voice and body control for better integration with the game itself.
Fortunately, if all of this information does turn out to be true, players will not need to wait for the PlayStation 4 to be released to enjoy Battlefield 4; it will also be made available on the current generation of consoles including the PlayStation3.
Though the supposedly leaked information from Electronic Arts China claims that Battlefield 4 so far matches the quality of Battlefield 3, it seems obvious that the graphics and general power of the upcoming game will definitely be greater than any other in the series, especially if it will be out for the Sony PlayStation 4. DICE's additional use of the Frostbite 2.0 engine shows that great advancements are definitely coming for the Battlefield series.
It is also possible that this increase in power will make it possible to still display superior graphics when playing in a multiplayer game with 64 players in the room, which is always something to look forward to; it is too often that either gameplay or graphics must be sacrificed to ensure smooth gameplay, but this may not be a problem with Battlefield 4 on the Sony PlayStation 4.
Whether or not this information will turn out to be true is still in the air, and several journalists have already contacted DICE to verify the information, though we do not currently know whether or not DICE will be open to response. At PS4 Experts, we can only hope that the source will prove to be reliable and accurate, giving us one more reason to look forward to the PlayStation 4.
Article by - Joshua Phillips
Insert Date: 12/12/2012
March 21, 2013 Update: Looks Like Battlefield 4 Will Beat CoD On PS4 After All
As we reported earlier, Electronic Arts is planning a Battlefield 4 reveal on March 26th, where it's expected they will announce the game for the PC and next generation systems, including the PlayStation 4.
While the game is expected to hit in 2014, the newest Call of Duty game, most likely Modern Warfare 4, is expected to only hit the current generation of consoles this year. Depending on the timing of Battlefield 4's 2014 release, it's very likely that it will indeed beat a next generation Call of Duty to the punch.
In other Battlefield 4 related news, rumors persist that the game will feature a dynamic weather system with a focus on rain, providing new challenges on the battlefield.
Update by - Joshua Phillips
Insert Date: 3/21/2013
March 27th Update: Battlefield 4 Officially Announced... But For PS3
Last night, Electronic Arts held a special press event to officially announce Battlefield 4, the next game in the Battlefield franchise. As expected, the game received a Fall 2013 release date but with one twist: the game was only announced for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
There is a possibility that Electronic Arts will still release a PS4 version but is waiting for Microsoft to announce the next Xbox first. The company did not deny a PS4 version, but rather stated their intentions at the press conference was to focus on current generation systems and they had nothing to say about a PS4 version at this time.
Update by - Joshua Phillips
Insert Date: 3/27/2013
We'll keep you updated on any news about Battlefield 4 on the PlayStation 4 so keep an eye on this page!
Talk about the future of PlayStation 4 games on our forums!
- Call of Duty: Ghosts On PS4
- Diablo 3
- 3 must-have PS4 games that would make a big splash at launch
- Could Dishonored 2 on the PlayStation 4 be twice the game Dishonored was?
- What to expect from Left 4 Dead on the PS4
- Resident Evil 4 On PlayStation 4 That Is!
- Can Uncharted Still Chart New Territory on the PlayStation 4?
- Sorry The Game Socom Can’t Understand Your Accent!
- Hot Shots Golf: Move Over Tiger Woods, There's a New Champion in Town
- The Blockbuster RPG Suikoden Series For Playstation 4
- The Future of the Elder Scrolls on PlayStation 4
- TOMB RAIDER ON PS4
- What Next For Uncharted?
- Metal Gear Series on the PS4
- The Final Fantasy Franchise on the PS4
- God of War on the PS4
- Let the Waiting for Gran Turismo 6 Begin
- Grand Theft Auto 5 - It's Gonna Be Bad Ass
- Call of Duty Black Ops – What does it mean for the PS4?
- PS4 Games
- PS4 Specs
- PS4 Price
- PS4 Concepts
- Playstation 4 Videos
- PS4 News
- Release Date
- Rumored Games
- Game Series
- PS4 Online
- PS4 vs XBox One
- PS4 Controller
- PS4 Accessories
- Questions & Answers
- Backward Compatible
- PS4 Pre Order
- PS4 Launch Trailer
- Playstation Articles
- PS3 Games
- PS4 Cheats
- PS4 Polls - Vote!