Watch the PS4 be taken apart part by part:
Steps to tear down your PS4:
- Remove the seals that cover the screws
- Remove torx security screws that are securing the case
- Remove the Power Supply
- Remove the Optical Drive
- Lift up panels to remove the mother board
- Heat Sink - Not removable
- Remove Fan
- There is no adhesive making taking it apart and putting it back together easy
- The cover is easy to remove giving you easy access to replace the hard drive. An SSD is easily installed by following the proper instructions.
- Fan cleaning will require taking the whole damn thing apart.
- Mid-cover is sharp, be careful.
How to install an SSD
Check Out These Other Articles!