PS4 Game Series
It's hard to predict what Sony will do with its franchises from generation to generation. From PlayStation 1 to PlayStation 2, Sony seemingly dropped all of its franchise characters; however, in the jump from PlayStation 2 to PlayStation 3, some franchise characters, like Kratos and Ratchet, were brought into the new generation. Sony isn't the only one doing this: multiple game companies have a history of retiring characters when a new generation starts or bringing back a forgotten mascot for a new adventure. The hard-working PlayStation fanatics at PS4 Experts present the latest news on what we can expect from certain franchises when the PlayStation 4 sees release:
- The Tales Series For The PS4?
- Final Fantasy VII: Will It Grace The Playstation 4?
- Could Battlefield 4 Beat Call Of Duty To The Punch on PS4?
- Could Dishonored 2 on the PlayStation 4 be twice the game Dishonored was?
- What to expect from Left 4 Dead on the PS4
- Resident Evil 4 On PlayStation 4 That Is!
- Can Uncharted Still Chart New Territory on the PlayStation 4?
- Sorry The Game Socom Can’t Understand Your Accent!
- Hot Shots Golf: Move Over Tiger Woods, There's a New Champion in Town
- The Blockbuster RPG Suikoden Series For Playstation 4
- The Future of the Elder Scrolls on PlayStation 4
- TOMB RAIDER ON PS4
- What Next For Uncharted?
- Metal Gear Series on the PS4
- The Final Fantasy Franchise on the PS4
- God of War on the PS4
- Let the Waiting for Gran Turismo 6 Begin
- Grand Theft Auto 5 - It's Gonna Be Bad Ass
- Call of Duty Black Ops – What does it mean for the PS4?
- PS4 Game Series - Part 1
- PS4 Game Series - Part 2
And here are some series we can't wait to see on PlayStation 4:
God of War
With the release of God of War: Ascension, there is only one direction for Sony to go with the God of War series: forward. At this point, not only have we covered the rise and fall of Kratos, but we have pretty much detailed every notable moment in his past. What fans most want from the series is to see what happens after the ending of God of War 3; Sony is most likely holding this next chapter of the story for the PS4 as this will be a system seller.
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
It's a given that we will see a sequel to PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, given its warm reception by both fans and critics alike. Not only would it be another chance for Sony to reintroduce even more forgotten mascots and franchises but it would be the perfect opportunity to introduce gamers to the new mascots introduced with the PlayStation 4. Not to mention, the game is ideal for Sony's sharing functionality: Imagine showcasing your friend's defeat to a social network with the push of a button.
With Gran Turismo 6 all but confirmed to be a PlayStation 3 release, Sony is hoping fans will get their racing fix with PS4 launch title Drive Club. But as good as Drive Club will be, it most likely won't be enough to satiate the hunger of Gran Turismo fans. Gran Turismo has always touted itself on its graphical superiority and a potential Gran Turismo 7 will most likely be one of the PS4's best looking games for years to come.
On the other end of the vehicle genre is Twisted Metal, where the objective is not to win a race but to destroy your opponent. Twisted Metal has been released on every Sony console to date (with the exception of the Vita, but there is still plenty of time!) so a PS4 release is almost a given. Imagining Sweet Tooth rendered with the power of the PS4 is already giving us nightmares.
Anything By Naughty Dog
Naughty Dog has been one of Sony's strongest developers on the PlayStation 3, releasing three of the best games to date with the Uncharted series. While we wait for Naughty Dog's next game, The Last of Us, to hit the PS3, we can't help but wonder how great Uncharted will look and play with the graphical power of the PS4. Sony has already confirmed we haven't seen the last of Uncharted so it's just a matter of time before Naughty Dog blows us all away once again.
Anything By Bethesda
If you've played Skyrim or Fallout 3, then you know of Bethesda, the team that has redefined the open world role-playing game. As big as Skyrim is, it is limited by the power of the current generation of systems; with the power of the PS4, imagine a game world two or three times the size of Skyrim, possibly incorporating all of Tamriel into one single game! Likewise, the only thing wrong with Fallout 3 is that 100 hours of gameplay wasn't enough. Using the power of the PS4, Bethesda is in a position to create their biggest game to date!
Who knows what other franchises Sony or other companies will bring back? With a little luck, maybe we will see the return of PaRappa the Rapper and The Legend of Dragoon!
Article by - Joshua Phillips
Insert Date: 06/19/2012
- PS4 Home
- Release Date
- PS4 Price
- PS4 Pre Order
- Playstation 4 Pictures
- PS4 Games
- Rumored New Games
- PS4 Online
- PS4 Specs
- PS4 Controller
- Playstation 4 Videos
- PS4 vs. XBox One
- Backwards Compatibility
- PS4 Concepts
- PS4 News
- PS4 Launch Trailer
- PS4 Game Series
- PS4 Forums
- Playstation Articles
- PS3 Games
- PS4 Accessories
- PS4 Cheats
- PS4 Polls - Vote!
- PS4 vs Xbox One - Who Wins (22 times)
- Playstation 4 Price and Pre-Order Info (9 times)
- Microsoft Announces The Xbox One (7 times)
- PS4 Release Date - The Countdown Begins (7 times)
- PlayStation 4 Games - PS4 Games (5 times)
- Would you pay $1000 for a new PS4? (4 times)
- What the PS4 will look like? (3 times)
- Is this PlayStation 4 video real? (3 times)