PlayStation 4 is coming out but the console. no matter how great, is completely useless without any games. After all, the games are the only real reason to buy a console. With a brand new console, there are only so many games that an individual has to choose from and all of them are brand new. So far, some key games that players were looking forward to have already been pushed back *cough* Watch Dogs but there are still a few games coming out at launch to look forward to. So for players looking to purchase a nice little buffer to play, these are the top games to pre-order to have on launch day.
1. First up Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. This is the closest thing you’re going to get to Watch_Dogs so it’s best to just accept it now. Of course, this isn’t such a bad thing. The AC franchise has been a fan favorite, and the newest installment is going to take the battle to the high seas. The game will feature both land and nautical action for players, and although there will only be three major cities to explore, there will be no shortage of space to explore. With a brand new console tricked out with all the bells and whistles, it might be nice to start with something that you can more or less just play.
2. War Thunder. Most of the war game love will obviously go to Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts, but this game is a little different as it takes the battle to the sky. No running around and ducking behind things. This is rapid air warfare, where you must fight fellow enemy aircraft, tanks, and naval units in an epic game that was previously only available on PC. This game is bringing classic dogfighting action to your living room, and the best part? It’s free (well, free-to-play).
3. But don’t worry there’s still a shooter on the list. Killzone: Shadow Fall was designed to show users what the PlayStation 4 was built for. They game is a continuation of the series that started on the PlayStation 2 back in 2004. It doesn’t have the serious tone as other shooters on the list, but this game will provide a clear vision of what the console can do for fans of the genre. Plus, it provides a good dose of nostalgia for people who are more into head shots than collecting coins and saving princesses.
4. The next top pick is a little removed from the rest of the list. It may seem like an unlikely choice: Knack. Ideally, you’re looking for a game that will show off the power of the console and be a good time for players. Knack actually meets these requirements. The game makes use of a robot that picks up little pieces of itself to reshape its body to its needs to complete its quest. The game is designed to be kid friendly so for PlayStation 4 fans who are also parents, this will be a very good choice.
5. Finally, the last game on the list, Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition. This is not a brand new title so some might say I’m cheating when I could have listed Need For Speed: Rivals or something of that caliber. However, this reissue has been improved to take advantage of the new power of the PlayStation 4. Usually when a new console launches, fans don’t have much of a chance to see side-by-side comparisons between games. Going with this game will allow the player to see how amazing the advances in technology Sony has made really look.
Launch day is going to be crazy not just for fans picking up their pre-orders but for people who are trying to buy games and consoles outright. Lines will be long and customer retail workers will be tired (and certainly cranky). It would probably be much easier to pre-order the games that you want and pick them up rather than scouring retailers on launch day and hoping for the best. Although there have been some delays and pushbacks, there are still some strong titles left to choose from.
So readers, what game are you pre-ordering to play with the PS4?
Article by - Dusty Wright
Insert Date: 11/5/2013